ITIDO provides software services for enterprises and startups around the world. The team has grown twice in only a year and currently is involved in many projects. With knowledge and passion, ITIDO builds long-term relationships with many partners. Improving our services and launching various projects, we create a fruitful environment for the ITIDO team. Do… View Article
ITIDO provides software services for enterprises and startups around the world. The team has grown twice in only a year and currently is involved in many projects.
With knowledge and passion, ITIDO builds long-term relationships with many partners. Improving our services and launching various projects, we create a fruitful environment for the ITIDO team.
Do you want to build software that impacts millions of customers around the world, tackling some of the world’s most complex e-commerce challenges? We are looking for a talented SRE (Site Reliability Engineer) to join our team.
Join the ITIDO family and expand your tech horizons!
WHAT DO WE EXPECT:
- Experience with relational database – running as a service, database design and provisioning, trouble-shooting;
- Strong background in development. Big bonus is experience with Python or Go.
- A solid understanding of MySQL operations, scalability and performance, with a focus on replication, large-scale environments and InnoDB.
- The will and skill to completely automate the database lifecycle as scale.
- Experience with building and maintaining a complex database environment, at scale and in a distributed environment with a variety of underlying technologies.
- Solid understanding of Linux administration and networking as a foundation of operating applications in a Linux environment.
- Strong experience with ITIL (Incident, Problem and Change management)
- The ability to define the metrics that impact the health and success of the production environment you built.
- Additional experience in networking, security or storage is an advantage
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Support developers by providing services to automate grant management, data ownership, online schema management, and monitoring and alerting.
- Addressing availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency challenges within the vast infrastructure;
- Responsible for planning, building, improving and refactoring solutions;
The challenges you will face:
- It’s MySQL, thousands of instances in hundreds of replication hierarchies, some of them seeing substantial load;
- It’s automated. But as the systems are evolving, this automation needs improvement, extension and refactoring to meet the changing requirements of a different environment;
- It’s Python (or Go). And being at the center of most, if not all applications, it is literally talking to everything else;
- It’s moving to all the platforms, including Openstack, Kubernetes and the public cloud.
- It’s dynamic. With automated capacity testing, restore testing, failover testing and disaster recovery testing, it needs to be able to adapt to planned and unplanned changes in the production conditions and environments;
- Sometimes it has problems. Good monitoring and alerting are required to be aware of problems as they develop, or ideally before they develop;
- It’s in multiple data centers. Replication and communication over long distances pose their own scaling and performance problems.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Be a quick-learner;
- Fluent English language, both, written and verbal;
- Ability to stay cool under pressure;
- Proactive personality;
- Team player;
- Good problem-solving skills.
WHAT YOU WILL GET:
- Your colleagues are experts in their field – you can expect their work to be of high quality and the team will expect the same of you.
- Flexible working hours, as long as the work process remains efficient.
- Our office is in Sofia city center – close to a metro station and other public transport.
- Home-office policy.
- Some perks as additional health insurance, public transport card/parking lot (per availability), access to the building SPA and swimming pool area and other.
- Last, but most important: You will have the power to make a difference and to be an individual, not just a resource!
Become a member of the ITIDO team!