The customer Global digital transformation has had little impact on housekeeping and cleaning services so far. In fact, this is quite a brick-and-mortar business with scheduling and reporting often done only on paper. Our customer Iono View ( http://ionoview.com/ ) aims to improve the situation. The company offers smart management software for residential and commercial… View Article
Global digital transformation has had little impact on housekeeping and cleaning services so far. In fact, this is quite a brick-and-mortar business with scheduling and reporting often done only on paper. Our customer Iono View ( http://ionoview.com/ ) aims to improve the situation. The company offers smart management software for residential and commercial cleaning services in the Middle East and North Africa.
For hotels, private citizens, and other end-users, Iono View gives the possibility to handle scheduling, immediate reservations, logistics, payments, and reporting all in one place, all in real-time. For cleaning companies, the product allows managers to digitally coordinate their team (e.g. housekeepers, suppliers, drivers, inspectors, etc.) while also keeping track of the accounting processes. The end result is less hassle, reduced costs, and increased profit.
The technical challenge
The biggest challenge for Iono View was to migrate all existing functionalities from Google’s Angular 1 platform to the newest version of Angular. At that point, the newest Angular version was Angular 11. The problem was that there are so many differences between Angular 1 and Angular 11 which require a big investment and re-writing of the platform.
Before approaching ITIDO, Iono View was planning to handle this migration internally but it appeared that this comlex challenge required solid experience and a better approach than rewriting the whole Front-end in Angular 11.
In addition, Iono View was planning to improve the Design by with new modern UX/UI. Several new modules were also part of their plans:
- integration with new payment providers
- mobile applications
- rating system
- location service based on Google Maps API.
The timeline was crucial for Iono View and their customers. Iono View was looking for a trustworthy software development partner and they found ITIDO by a reference of one of our existing customers.
The first step of the project was to organize a Preparation phase, containing the following stages:
Stage 1) Scoping and planning
– gather information about the existing infrastructure and software components.
– exploring the scope of the work, customers needs, and the challenges Iono View is facing
– defining the expectations for end result and success criteria.
Stage 2) Defining the requirements
- We collected all requirements in one place and shaped them into a suitable form for the software team.
Stage 3) Building architectural design and timelines
- We identified the technologies that would serve the business requirements
- Building the architecture design
- Timeline with all the sprints and deliverables
We then executed the Implementation Phase. ITIDO built a core team of Delivery Manager, Software Architect, 3 Software Developers and Automation QA Engineer. Involving only senior professionals with the right skillset reduced significantly the time for Onboarding and Preparation.
In a month’s time, the migration was finished by the core team in a way that we had re-used some of the components. This approach significantly reduced the budget costs and migration time.
Another good practice we followed is iterative releases. It allowed the core team to work independently and to frequently deliver new features. This made the process transparent and reduced the management costs for Iono View and also the implementation time. The only management executive from Iono View was the Product Owner who was in close communication with our Delivery manager.
Since ITIDO was hired to bring innovation by upgrading the system, the core team chose a stable and modern tech stack. This also helped the team to be effective and have satisfaction with the end result which was delivered by the best practices in the software development process.
In a period of 7 months and close collaboration with Iono View, ITIDO successfully delivered the following components:
– New platform design
– Migration from Angular 1 to Angular 11
– UX/UX improvements
– Integration with new payment providers
– Two hybrid mobile applications were released in Google Play and Apple Store
– Rating system was implemented
– Location service was created which is based on Google Maps API
Technologies and processes we used
- Angular 11
- Ionic Framework
Key project facts
- 40% increase of active users after the software was upgraded
- 3 platforms supported (web, Android and iOS)
- PayPal integrated as new payment option
- 2 weeks period between every release